Spirit Airlines Flight Reschedule or Date Change Policy and Process
Since travel plans are highly unstable these days, changing the flight date frequently is common nowadays. But what troubles the most while changing the date is the change fee. Yes, if you are unaware about Spirit airlines flight date change policy, then you might end up paying high change fee for changing the date of your flight. But there’s need to worry as here we will sever all your queries related to Spirit flight date change policy and fees.
Spirit Airlines Date Change Policy
- No change fee will be applicable if the flight date is changed 60 or more days prior to departure.
- Any changes made within 15-59 days from the scheduled departure demands a change fee of $39.
- And if the dates are changed anytime within 7-14 from the departure date, then $59 will be charged as the change fee.
- And changes made within 6 days from departure are subjected to a change fee of $79.
- However in case of bereavement of a family member, the change fee will be waived off provided that the relevant death documents must be provided to the airlines.
Moreover, if your flight was affected due to Govt. restrictions or Covid protocols, then one time change in date is free of cost irrespective of the number of days left from departure.
Online Steps to change the date of a Spirit flight
- Log-in to Spirit airline’s official website and go to manage my booking tab
- Provide the ticket number and passenger last name and hit enter.
- Then select the flight you want to change the date for and click on the change/cancel tab.
- Thereafter, choose a flight available at a later date, check the change fee or fare difference and confirm your booking by paying the fare difference (if applicable).